• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Shotski's

Shotski's
  • Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:49 PM

Hi,

This is ties in with another thread in feature requests about naming and tracking sales by specific devices, but this is a more basic fix to a more specific reporting issue for bars using POSLAVU.

The tips listed in Poslavu aren't accurate to the actual tips our bartenders receive each night. This is because it tracks tips and sales based on the user that opens the order even though multiple bartenders can add items to the same order. Because the same customer can go to any one of our 4 bartenders for a drink our bartenders pool tips. This means I have to calculate and track each bartenders tips separately each night based on their shifts and share of the specific shifts pool (this can get a little messy when you have multiple overlapping shifts which creates multiple pools that a single bartender gets a share of). This isn't really that big a pain most the time, but requires me to have another spreadsheet when I'm running payroll rather than having all the info right there in a backend report.

So what would be great is to have a tip management screen on the frontend that could be accessed by an admin. This would show the total tips for the night and list the active servers for the night. The manager could then input the actual tips for each server. This could be tied to a specific report on the backend that shows each users tips from a specified day or period. A selection to use the listed tips, the tips the backend already has posted to a server, for a specific server would be good also as some servers will not pool tips and have accurate take home tips to what the backend shows already. 

Pretty simple and small function, but would be really nice

thanks

Andy

#2 David Miles

David Miles
  • Lavu Staff (Moderator)
  • 1,928 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:03 AM

Hi Andy, 

Thank you for posting on our forums. I've talked with users who pool all their tips, and then distribute them between servers, bussers, kitchen, etc. Once 2.1 comes out, admin can assign their users a specific title, and they would be able to clock in with that title. So their employees will be tracked for a shift, even if they do not place orders. 

I will submit this feature request now. It's a great suggestion. If there were a screen in the frontend's management section, then admin can apply tips to certain employees. It would also be nice if there was a way to distribute the tips evenly for everyone that was logged in for a shift. This is just me spitballing. 

Once again, thank you for your post. If other users would like to see this in a future version of POS Lavu, please vote above. 

David Miles 

Lavu 

#3 Frank Ferro

Frank Ferro
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:01 PM

Sooner the better.Please

#4 David Miles

David Miles
  • Lavu Staff (Moderator)
  • 1,928 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:03 AM

Hi Frank, 

Thank you for your post. I have submitted this, and I am doing as much as possible to get this in. All I can. With requests, please be patient. We do have our development team working around the clock on improving the app. I do hope this comes out very soon. 

David Miles 

Lavu 

#5 Shotski's

Shotski's
  • Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 10:22 PM

Hi David,

Great to hear about the clocking in with titles. That will be a big help when doing payroll. You said we will be able to assign users different titles. Does this mean I can give User A the titles of 'server', 'barback', 'bartender' and when they clock-in they will get prompted to choose which title they are clocking in under?

Thanks

#6 David Miles

David Miles
  • Lavu Staff (Moderator)
  • 1,928 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:21 AM

Hi Shotski's, 

Thanks for posting on our forums. I was going through 2.1, and I don't think they are going to have a drop down for employees to choose which job they will clock in under. From what I understand, admin will need to assign a job for each user. I'm not sure what would be done with users that do two jobs, like server and kitchen staff. I'm sure after we get the new version, community members will find ways to work with the new feature. 

David Miles 

Lavu 

#7 Shotski's

Shotski's
  • Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:32 AM

Hi David,

That is really disappointing if true. The biggest reason this upgrade is necessary is for employees that work different jobs with different pay rates. They need to be able to clock in one day as a bartender (pay half minimum wage) and another day as a barback (pay minimum wage) and have those broken out in the time cards. It doesn't help much to be able give 1 title to an employee because if an employee only ever works 1 role their entire hours for the pay period are at 1 rate. It really isn't helpful for this to tell me that my bartender who only ever bartends worked as a bartender.

I am hoping at least this will allow us to input rates for employees, but even with that it sounds like its going to fall short of being fully functional. I guess its progress though.

Andy

#8 David Miles

David Miles
  • Lavu Staff (Moderator)
  • 1,928 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:35 AM

Hi Andy, 

I hope it is able to do everything you posted. I know this is what we want in the app, and it will eventually get there. With 2.1, I will need to get my hands on the app before I am able to say for certain what it can and can't do. We do a lot of testing, and find out all the options that are offered. As soon as it gets released, I will start to do as much testing as possible, and post on the forums everything that I've found. 

David Miles 
Lavu 

#9 mrkmorin

mrkmorin
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 02:29 AM

Hi, 

This is my first time on this site. all we need is for a way for the staff to claim there tips at the end of a shift. i know lavu tracks all credit tips and you can put in the cash tips on tip screen. we tip out food runners and bartenders, if you only make credit card tips you claim more than you made after tip out. then when doing payroll i have to go back and adjust on a separate spread sheet the right amount that the server needs to claim.

on most systems i have worked on right when you clock out it ask you how much you want to claim.  

#10 Daniel S

Daniel S
  • Lavu Staff (Moderator)
  • 54 posts

Posted Yesterday, 02:44 PM

Hello,

We are working to finish up our tipout rules reporting and features. This will allow a manager to assign job roles to employees with pre-determined tipout rules. The report will display the final tipout for all employees based on their job role and time worked.

I don't have a timeline yet on when this will be finished, but it is being developed by our team currently.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users